Amsterdam city info
We're working to fill this page with additional architecture-related travel information of the city. Still testing testing, so don't mind the layout.
Northern IJ banks, Overhoeks and former Shell-terrain
Mainly residential expansion area of the city on reclaimed land. IJburg is a large group of islands, east of the city, developed in phases, partly completed, partly still under construction.
Zuidelijke IJ-oever & Westerdokseiland
With the development of the South Bank of the IJ, Amsterdam is acquiring a new inner city area. The South bank of the IJ consists of six islands, each with its own character. Each island has a particular combination of functions. Housing, work, culture, transport, trade.
Eastern Harbour Islands: Walk across Borneo-Sporenburg, KNSM- and Java-Eiland. Mixed use development. Construction is pretty much finished. Information centre Eastern Harbour district is Loods 6 AHOI
They show models, photos, 3D animations of the area and all new buildings that will be developed in the near future.
South of the city, a large business district with mainly new offices.
About 10.000 houses will be built here. Information centre Zuid As
Guides & Info centers
- Guiding Architects network of architectural guided tours by architects
- Arcam Center of Architecture
- Zuiderkerk City development information centre
- De Academie van Bouwkunst Architecture education
- Le Cool Book on Amsterdam “The guidebook for people who hate guidebooks” & “The travel guide for the been-there, done-that set”